Pre & Post Treatment Guidelines
- Best form of action is to pretreat the skin for 4 weeks leading up to your Peel. 2 weeks or 10-14 days minimal.
- Keep in mind these are about the chemical reaction in your skin and how it effects your PH, potential Hydrogen levels of the skin. This compliance will reduce risk or any unforeseen complications.
- If you are pregnancy lactating or nursing please consult a physician first
- Avoid sun exposure & tanning beds for at least two weeks prior to treatments
- Avoid Retinal and derivatives, high AHA or BHA products for 7 days prior to treatments
- Fitpatrick 5 and 6 we do not recommend these peels as more pigmentation could/may come to the surface of the skin. So as not to take any chances we do recommend to avoid these peel options.
- You should expect minimal down town and at no point should your amount of peel be any indicator of the depth of penetration for 3-7 days as all skin react different from month to month. In some cases it can be on the 2nd or 3rd treatment that you will see the targeted area finally loosened up and peel.
- Treatments may produce some redness.
- Tightening, peeling, flaking or temporary dryness. Your skin will feel smooth dewy and radiant post peel.
- Compliance with your post peel kit is mandatory for 1-week post treatment.
ONLY USE THESE RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Discontinue use of all other products for 1 whole week post peel
- Some residual redness is not unusually and will subside within 1 – 12 hours
- Please do not apply make-up post peel, it is ideal to allow skin to stabilize post peel
- Next day after the peel expect the skin to feel tight and pulled back
- DO NOT cleanse the skin the evening of peel
- DO NOT pick, pull ANY flaking of the skin
- DO NOT tan or use tanning booth for minimum of 14-21 days
- DO NOT have electrolysis, waxing threading, dermaplaning for min 14 days post treatment
- DO NOT use facial scrubs or mechanical form of exfoliate for 14 days post
- DO NOT use retinoic acid, AHA, BHA during your series of treatments
- DO NOT use Laser Hair Removal, photo facials, other chemical peels microderm for 14-21 days
- DO NOT use ice or ice water on the treated area
- DO NOT have a hot tub, steam room, sauna excessive hot shower for 2 days’ post
- DO NOT go swimming for 48 hrs. post
- DO NOT participate in aerobic exercise for 2 days’ post peel