Pre & Post Treatment Guidelines
IPL Laser Hair Removal
- Please take a pic of treatment area, mark the parameters and then shave the area being lasered prior to your service.
- Do not apply deodorant or lotions on the areas receiving laser
- Client must be over the age of (Women)16 (men) 18 to start.
- NOT undergoing any cancer treatments
- Hormonal Problems are considered contraindications and please speak to your physician for approval prior to treatments. Areas like chin, neck, breast, areola, axilla, lower back can all be influenced by hormonal changes.
- No exposure to UV (sun or sunbed) is permitted during your laser Hair removal session.
- Avoid the use of self-tanners in the treatment areas for four to six weeks
- If you are prone to the herpes simplex please have medication available in case of a flare up when treating the area of concern
- Discontinue Accutane for 6 months prior to treatments.
- Discontinue retinoic acid for 2 weeks prior to treatments
- Discontinue any use of bleaching agents 2 weeks , aromatherapy oils for 48 hours prior to treatments
- Do not use you SPF for 12 hours prior to
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated water immediately before IPL sessions
- For 6 weeks do not use any depilating to the treatment areas such as waxing, sugaring, tweezing, plucking, threading, or hair removal creams in between LHR
- Shaving is the ONLY hair removal permitted during the treatments
- Once the Hair color becomes the same as you skins pigment, you will no longer see results.
NOTE: There must be pigment in hair to receive an effective LHR (light, med, dark hairs). Your skin Fitzpatrick must be 1 – 4 for the use of our system. If you are a 5 Fitz or high our system is not the right one for your skin colour.
Patch Tests are a great option or a Small Demo is see if you are the right candidate for LHR and you should expect it to take approx. a 10-month period to get through your sessions. Some touch ups over the years may be required as we all have different hair patterns and you should consider ALL Laser as 70-90% Laser Hair Reduction (in some cases yes it can be higher)
- Avoid sunlight, tanning beds, self-tanners, touching, rubbing, peeling, picking as these can all cause side effects
- An Ice pack may be placed over the treated area to reduce swelling, if any.
- Most will not require ice but can be repeated for 2 – 3 days only if required
- ONLY if needed: Aloe Vera, antibiotic ointments to the treated area twice daily until healed and dry
- Avoid being in chlorinated water post treatments
- Avoid Strenuous exercise for 24 hours following clinical treatments
- For 1 week, avoid hot baths. Showers, hot tubs and saunas. Be gently & kind with the treatment area so as not to aggravate the skin
- ONLY if blisters or scab may appear avoid any application or touching for the 3-4 days post treatments. This is very uncommon.
Contact C’Shell if you have further question or would like a DEMO